There isn’t anything more comforting on a cool day than a creamy tomato soup and grilled cheese. But when you are gluten free and dairy free, it can be difficult to find a soup at the grocery store that checks all the boxes that is also affordable.
So I created this easy, Instant Pot Tomato Basil soup with things you likely have in your pantry! It’s equally delicious if you don’t have fresh basil on hand but I recommend grabbing it if possible.
I can’t wait for you to give it a try!
Creamy Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup
- Instant Pot
- Immersion Blender
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 28 oz cans of whole, peeled tomatoes
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk full fat
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add the avocado oil and saute the diced onions and minced garlic until translucent (~5 minutes), Stirring occasionally.
- Add the canned tomatoes with their liquid and the Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Put the lid of the Instant Pot, ensure the vent is closed, and set for 10 minutes. Quick release when complete.
- Add the coconut milk & basil. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve warm. Pairs nicely with a GF & DF grilled cheese!